Here is a card I made in the fall for one of Erin's friends. He's big into Star Wars, and although I think the kids these days are more into the Clone Wars Star Wars, I decided those clone guys were way too hard to make, so I settled on R2D2. After all, robots in general are big, right??
So most of this guy was just punches, so once I had his shape, it was actually pretty easy. Here is what I used:
For the card part:
- Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
- Ink: Night of Navy
- Punches: Modern Label, Word Window
Now for R2D2:
- Word Window - Whisper White (3)
- Heart to Heart (short fat heart) - Whisper White (3)
- Tag Punch - Whisper White (1)
- 1-3/8" Circle Punch - Brushed Silver (1, actually you only need 1/2)
- 1/4" Circle Punch - Basic Black (1)
- 3/8" square - Bashful Blue (1, I used a paper cutter for this)
- 1/8" wide strips of Night of Navy (2, I also used a paper cutter for this)
Now that I see this guy again, I think I might have to make a few more of him. If only I had endless hours to just stamp and make cards. (Then again, remember my New Year's Resolution??? I might have to find some time to just sit and make cards. Oh the luxury of that day!!!)
Well, it looks like we will have a snow day tomorrow, so I already have plans to make chicken noodle soup. Perhaps I will squeeze in a little card making, too!!! If I had registered on time, I would have been trying to get to Nashville for Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Convention. Initially I was upset that I wasn't on the ball enough to register on time (registration opened on a Wednesday and I went to register Friday morning and it was already sold out), but because of the weather, I think I'm glad now. It would have been a very stressful few days for me!!
Are you expecting snow where you are tomorrow? What are your plans?
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Stampin' Up! e-Newsletter to receive coupons, stamping tips, ideas, and subscriber-only contests!